Photo © unsplash.com
The Nordic Water Network offers interested and qualified students the opportunity to write their Bachelor or Master thesis with joint supervision at one of our partner universities: NTNU Trondheim (Norway), DCU Dublin (Ireland), CUT Cracow (Poland), DTU Copenhagen or AAU Aalborg (Denmark).
TUB students of all subject areas can apply for DAAD-funded scholarships to write their thesis at one of these universities starting from the summer semester 2020. The duration of your stipend for your stay abroad is three to six months.
The deadline for applications is January 31st 2020.
What do you gain from this?
- Equipment, knowledge and supervision: The best of both universities!
- Internationalisation of your research profile and international experience
- Support with the administrative procedure
- DAAD-scholarship with monthly payments and support for travel expenses
How do you apply for a scholarship?
- Contact the NWN coordination team via email if you are interested. If needed, we will bring you together with a suitable supervisor in Trondheim, Dublin, Cracow, Copenhagen, Aalborg or Berlin.
- Get in touch with your supervisors at both universities. Define a topic. Please note that the topic should be in relation to water (in a wider sense).
- Prepare the following documents for your application:
- Letter of motivation (including topic description, preferred period for stay abroad, proposed supervisors and why you are think you are the right person to do this stay abroad)
- Bachelor certificate + a current transcript of records
- Assessment letter of a lecturer
To learn about other students’ experiences writing their thesis abroad, read their reports here.
For further information on funding opportunities or any other questions, feel free to contact us.