(c) Photo by Andrew Neel on Unsplash
As part of our Network, we offer interested and qualified students the opportunity to write their Master thesis with joint supervision at one of our partner universities.
You can apply for DAAD-funded scholarships to write your thesis at one of these universities in summer semester 2019. The duration of your stipend for your stay abroad is three months – in special cases a prolongation is possible. Mind that the level of the scholarship depends on the country of your home and your guest university and is set by the DAAD. The deadline for applications is December 12th 2018.
What do you gain from this?
- Equipment, knowledge and supervision: The best of both universities!
- Internationalization of your research profile and international experience
- Support with the administrative procedure
- DAAD-scholarship with monthly payments and refunds of travel expenses
How do you apply for a scholarship?
- Contact the NWN coordination team via Email if you are interested. If needed, we will bring you together with a suitable supervisor in Trondheim, Dublin, Cracow, Copenhagen, Aalborg or Berlin.
- Get in touch with your supervisors at both universities. Define a topic. Please note that the topic should be in relation to water (in a wider sense).
- Prepare the following documents for your application:
- Letter of motivation (including topic description, preferred period for stay abroad, proposed supervisors and why you are think you are the right person to do this stay abroad)
- Bachelor certificate + a current transcript of records
- Assessment letter of a lecturer
To learn about other students’ experiences writing their thesis abroad, read their reports here.
For further information on funding opportunities or any other questions, feel free to contact us.
Please send your application to Markus Fischer (firstname.lastname@example.org).