Photo © unsplash.com
The Nordic Water Network offers interested and qualified students the opportunity to write their Bachelor or Master thesis with joint supervision at one of our partner universities: NTNU Trondheim (Norway), DCU Dublin (Ireland), CUT Cracow (Poland), DTU Copenhagen or AAU Aalborg (Denmark).
TUB students of all subject areas can apply for DAAD-funded scholarships to write your thesis at one of these universities in the upcoming winter semester 2019/20. The duration of your stipend for your stay abroad is three months – depending on further funding, an extension to 6 months is possible. Mind that the amount of the scholarship depends on the country of your home and your guest university and is set by the DAAD. The deadline for applications is August 1st 2019.
What do you gain from this?
- Equipment, knowledge and supervision: The best of both universities!
- Internationalization of your research profile and international experience
- Support with the administrative procedure
- DAAD-scholarship with monthly payments and support for travel expenses
How do you apply for a scholarship?
- Contact the NWN coordination team via email as soon as you can.
- Get in touch with your supervisors at both universities. Define a topic (check also our database of open theses). Please note that the topic should relate to water (in a wider sense).
- Prepare the following documents for your application:
- Letter of motivation (including topic description, preferred period for stay abroad, proposed supervisors and why you think you are the right person for this stay abroad)
- Bachelor certificate + a current transcript of records
- Letter of recommendation
To learn about other students’ experiences writing their thesis abroad, read their reports here.
To see some of the open theses topics check our database.
For further information on funding opportunities or any other questions, feel free to contact us.