The Nordic Water Network offers interested and qualified students an opportunity to write their Bachelor‘s or Master‘s thesis with joint supervision at one of our partner universities: NTNU Trondheim (Norway), DCU Dublin (Ireland), CUT Cracow (Poland), DTU Copenhagen or AAU Aalborg (Denmark). Students from the partner universities also have an opportunity to apply for a short-term mobility at TUB.
TUB students of all subject areas can apply for DAAD-funded scholarships to write their thesis at one of these universities starting from the summer semester 2021. The duration of the scholarship for your stay abroad is three to six months.
The deadline for applications is 28th February, 2021.
Due to COVID-19 certain restrictions may apply to entering the country or taking part in courses live. In case of an event that you’re not able to physically travel to the partner university, you will still be able to have your thesis supervised digitally and the scholarship instalments will still be paid out.
What do you gain from this?
- Equipment, knowledge, and supervision: The best of both universities!
- Internationalisation of your research profile as well as international experience;
- Support with administrative procedures;
- DAAD-scholarship in monthly payments and cover for travel expenses (if there are any)
How do you apply for a scholarship?
- Contact the NWN coordination team via email if you are interested. If needed, we will help you get in contact with a suitable supervisor in Trondheim, Dublin, Cracow, Copenhagen, Aalborg or Berlin.
- Get in touch with your supervisors at both universities. Define a topic. Please note that the topic should be related to water (in a wider sense).
- Prepare the following documents for your application:
- Letter of motivation (including topic description, preferred period for your stay abroad, proposed supervisors and why you think you are the right person to do this short-term mobility)
- Bachelor certificate + a current transcript of records
- Assessment letter of a lecturer
To learn about other students’ experiences writing their thesis abroad, read their reports here.
For further information on funding opportunities or any other questions, feel free to contact us.